Week 6

Rationale:

For this assignment I wanted to bring awareness and shed light on Gender Inequalities in New Zealand. I started with gender roles and bias but then decided to narrow my topic down even more and went with the Gender Pay Gap, which in my opinion, is a big issue in the equality of NZ. The main audience I am targeting is young people - I went for that millennial style with thin lines and pastel colours, but I feel that my poster design could appeal to anyone of any age or demographic. The time period I have chosen is right now in the present - however I have been inspired by some art and posters from different decades! After playing around with a few ideas, I went with the idea of the scale being weighed down on one side due to the fact that males often get paid more - and two hands holding out their pay - male and female. Both of my posters employ a good use of asymmetric positioning to show the inequality between male and female, I also used colour to show this. In the end, aside from the title I went for a pretty simple font with a coloured shadowing on the ‘important words’ and to add interest. I wanted to let the illustrations do the talking first before the viewer even looks at the text - as well as the title. Unfortunately I have been sick this whole semester so I haven't been able to spend as much time on this project as I would have liked but this is what I managed to put together. 
Here are my finals:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - Monday

Week 5 - Monday