Week 2 - Thursday

The lecture this morning was about different ways and different design styles you can use to get across the same topic or idea. Animal Farm was used as an example and we looked at all the different covers it has had over the years. Some of them really contrasted to each other, we looked at the Ihi and Wehi of each and the feelings and ideas they evoked.

In class today we were given two random words and were instructed to create thumbnails using them in relation to our topic. I got given an eye and a weasel which I found challenging but very interesting! We also got given a saying to relate to our topic in thumbnail form.

This helped me to step outside of the box a bit and actually think about different ways I could represent Gender Inequality besides the obvious. However, in terms of poster design I also think simple and 'obvious' ideas can be really effective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Week 2 - Monday

Week 5 - Monday