Week 5 - Monday

Today was interim presentation and I was a little shocked as to the fact that the level of my posters was not up to par in comparison with everyone elses. I had some catching up to do.

Here is one of the posters I used, and unfortunately I cannot find the other one but it is stuck in my workbook!



My main critique from my classmates was that my posters were too busy and I agree with that - I want to try and make it more simple and relaxed with lots of negative space and simple typography. My peers didn't tell me this but looking back to my feedback from last time I should have focused on making my posters more obviously about New Zealand as well. I need to get on to that.

After class I decided I needed to step up my game so I spent a while doing some work. I had a little itch in the back of my mind that I still needed to try that 'Photographic Style' that I had been wanting to and had seen so many good examples of - so I did:

I wanted to use the contrast of nuts and bolts to represent gender stereotypes and inequalities. I wasnt that happy with how these turned out although I think it is a cool idea so I ended up backtracking and continuing on with doing what I was before.




I then played around with simplifying the silhouette design I had made and adding some typography to see how that looked. 



I liked this style and the simplicity of it much better than my previous stuff so decided to continue along these lines! However even though I know it is late to change my topic I really wanted to refine it as I felt it was too broad and too much of an umbrella topic. I decided to zoom in onto Gender Equality in Economics and the Gender Pay Gap. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Week 2 - Monday